05 September 2008

Present Simple & P.Continous



Present simple: This is a tense which is used to express permanent or actions that take place in the present and frequency, that is, every day, every morning, and so on.

Affirmative +: Subject + verb (infin.) 's "+ complements
Examples. -- I eat a lot. \ He eats a lot.

-- Negative: Subject + do / does not + verb (infin.) + complements
Examples .- I do not / do not eat much. \ He does not / does not eat much.

? Interrogative: (QW) + do / does subject + verb + (infin.) + compl. ?
Examples .- Do you eat much? \ Why does he eat much?

* Passive: Subject ( "CD") + is / are + verb (participle) + compl.
Examples .- + I eat a lot of chocolate \ * A lot of chocolate is eaten (by me)

PRESENT CONTINOUS: It is a tense which is used to express actions that take place in the present, at the very moment when you're enunciating the phrase and for a future organized.

Affirmative +: + Subject to be (present) + verb (infin.)-ing complements +
Examples .- I am eating a hot-dog \ He is eating a hot-dog

- Negative: + Subject to be not (present) + verb (infin.)-ing complements +
Examples .- I'm not / am not eating a hot-dog \ He is not / is not a hot-dog eating

? Interrogative: (QW) + to be (present) + + subject verb (infin.)-ing + compl.?
Examples .- Are you eating a hot-dog? \ What is he eating now?

* Passive: Subject ( "CD") + is / are being + + verb (participle) + compl.
Examples .- + They are repairing my piano \ * My piano is being repaired (by them)




PODCAST


CREDITS:


-Yellow Pencil

-Images Google

-Imeem




0 comments: